Saturday, July 2, 2011

Summer's here.

I kind of tend to feel like it's not "officially" summer until it's warm enough to go swimming.

Well, according to my standards, summer's here!

When Jared and I lived in Cincinnati and had no access to a pool anywhere (and I was very hot and pregnant with Holden) we bought one of those inflatable above ground ones one summer. We haven't bothered putting it up since we've been back near home, since my grandpa lives about 5 minutes away and has a beautiful in-ground pool. But this year, I decided with two little ones and another big pregnant belly, it may be worth it to put it up - so we can play outside and still stay cool. And we've only used it a couple times so far, but it's been great.

Holden and I went out the other afternoon while Bridger took a nap. And then yesterday I took both boys in. Holden has a floaty swimsuit and can touch the bottom, so he really has so much fun (and feels really big, I think) walking around all by himself. And while Jared spends almost the entire bath time every night repeating over and over to "Stop splashing", both of them were able to splash their hearts out in the little pool, which they just loved. Silly boys. (And Mommy got some sun without feeling like I was baking. Woohoo!)

So yes, our little pool may not be the most attractive addition to the yard, but the boys and I are sure really glad it's up :)






Walking out to the pool with Mommy.







Holden beat us there :)







He loves it.




Playing on the ladder. Getting used to the water......






He likes it!








And cue the splashing.









First experience "swimming" was a hit :)







Buds






And some after-swimming-treats: Popsicles!






I think he was excited.







I think he just looks so grown up here. Handsome Boy.







And leave Bridger alone for a few seconds nowadays and he's almost always standing! Little Daredevil.....

No comments:

Post a Comment