Friday, July 8, 2011

Eight weeks, eight weeks......

(I don't think I really post things focused on me that often, but this is one...)

So I'm officially down to about 8 weeks left now and I can definitely tell he's getting bigger in there. I actually couldn't fall asleep last night for a little while because he was squirming around so much it felt like he was trying to break out through my belly button. I think he may be starting to get a little cramped.

And oh, the hiccups. He's been getting them for awhile now, but he must be growing because he gets them like 2-3 times a day lately and it's no longer just this tiny little bumping feeling anymore that I need to be still to detect. Now it rattles the whole inside of me until they finally pass.

Eight more weeks.

And while I still don't feel completely ready to have another baby around here yet (and who knows if I ever will), I'm pretty sure I'm feeling just about ready to be done being pregnant.

And I know there's a good possibility this may be the last time I ever get to have a baby inside me, wiggling and growing, and I try to appreciate all the little squirms and thumps and soak it all in... but honestly, it gets tough when sometimes my feet feel stiff like they're swelling up, I can't go up the stairs without feeling heavy and tired, I can't lean forward or take a deep breath because it just feels like there's no more room in my abdomen, I am forever chewing on Tums, or (my favorite) when he rams his head straight into my nether regions. Oh, baby.

I know it sounds really selfish and ungrateful, but I think after 3 babies in 3 years.... well, I think it'll just be a really nice gift to have my body back for me for a change.

And to drink a glass of wine again :)

But we'll get there. I've actually had an extremely smooth and easy pregnancy and I know I shouldn't whine about such minor inconveniences. I guess this is just a little vent. So you know it's not all peaches and cream. Ha.

And I think I'll be totally ready when the times comes. Ready to meet him and hold him, ready to see if we feel like we're a "complete" family now, and ready to be not pregnant anymore.

So cook, Baby, cook! And then come on out. Because we're all getting excited to meet you ♥




The weekly photo





And with my handsome boys ♥

It was so nice out and they were both in good moods and cooperating so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment