Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy Fourth!

It's been a pretty festive couple of days around here!

For the Orrville parade this year, Jared drove the Streb's Meats truck for his uncle. And I wasn't feeling much like going, so Grandma came and took Holden so they could both watch for the truck. I think he had lots of fun and he definitely brought home a bagful of goodies :)

Then on Sunday afternoon we all went over to my grandpa's house for some swimming and a family cookout. That was nice, too. The pool was so warm and both boys had fun splashing and swimming.

Then last night, on the actual fourth, we just made a fire and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. We played with some little Bang Snaps (the things you throw and when they hit the ground they go "snap!") and sparklers, played a game of one-on-one cornhole (Jared beat me left-handed. Talk about a blow to my self-esteem...), and enjoyed the four different sets of fireworks going off that we could see from our backyard. It really was nice. And although we would have liked to get out and take Holden to some fireworks, since he loves them, we really were surprised at how well we could see them just from our yard. And how calm and quiet it was, sitting by the fire watching, as compared to actually being in the bustle of everyone at the show.

So yes, our fourth was kind of quiet this year, but it really was nice to just be at home, outside, together, just hanging out. It feels like that doesn't happen often enough. And I know I really enjoyed it.


These are from last night:


Waiting for Daddy to roast the hot dogs







A stick, some meat, and a fire. It sounds like a man job to me.







Eating his supper







Almost every time there's a chip clip around, no matter what I say, Holden wants to play with it.

And almost every time, it ends with me having to kiss some sort of boo boo.

Is it any wonder?







Helping Daddy






Such handsome boys I have in my life.







Bridger Dean sitting in the big boy chair






I left him sitting in the grass for a minute and this is what I found. He no longer sits still for very long, that's for sure.







Watching the fire with Daddy






Photo by Holden.

The first one he's ever taken that we're actually in :)








Cruising around the picnic table









Throwing Bang Snaps with Daddy









And time for Sparklers!






First time. We told him it was going to be like a little firecracker he could hold.







I think he liked them :)

Happy Fourth, everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment