Monday, June 27, 2011

A Family Reunion




This past Saturday Jared had a family reunion at the Wilderness Center. Unfortunately he had to work - one of the 2 weekends a year they have to do inventory, blah - so the boys and I went without him. It was small and I knew almost everyone, so we were still really comfortable even without Jared. And, of course, I got lots of help from Grandma and Grandpa.

We ate some lunch and then went for a walk. I think Holden really had fun with Grandpa and Grandma, playing/walking with his cousins, and feeding the geese and fish. And Bridger got to ride around in the Jeep carrier, so I know he was one happy little camper.

After we left, I realized we didn't really get to visit much with most of the extended family, but I suppose that's what happens when there's so many little ones... not much time to just sit and chat.

Another "perk" of my little one? Souvenirs. Holden brought home some "special rocks" (he somehow manages to find one almost everywhere we go) and a 5-foot-long stick. To show Daddy.



Naomi and Holden. Leading the way to the pond.






Getting some crackers from Grandma

(Note the dirty feather. Another potential souvenir that ended up getting dropped along the way.)






Feeding time






Watching the geese. And making a goofy face.... I think it may have been a little bright in his eyes.






And then he turned around and gave Naomi a big hug.







And me and Bridger during the hike in the woods. I still don't know who he looks like, but for now he seems to be at least sharing Mommy's blue eyes :)



No comments:

Post a Comment