Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Why did the Turtle cross the road?



Why to visit our yard, of course!

And to consume my morning with trying to keep track of him so I would know when it's safe to let Indy out or take Holden outside to play.

Sigh.

So yes. I was standing in the kitchen this morning looking out the window when I saw something moving oddly near the end of our driveway by the road. It took a minute, but eventually I figured out it was not a raccoon - or an armadillo (it was early, I was sleepy) - and grabbed the camera to take his picture.

This is what greeted us this morning:



Nice, right? And you can't probably tell, but I'd say his back was about the size of a Frisbee. So, in my opinion, big.

And well it was really kind of fun and exciting. For like 3 minutes. And then I remembered that he's wild, he's not nice, and I just wished he would go away.

But instead he turned and headed straight for my bed of hostas by the garage.



The bed where Holden always like to play and where our unofficial "pet" toad Fredrick always hangs out.



Dirtball.

Now we're pretty much trapped in here until I can spot him ambling his way somewhere else. But since I'm not planning to spend all day watching the flower bed, I'd say this may be an "inside day" until Daddy can come home and make sure it's safe again.

In the meantime, Holden keeps telling me, "I hope he doesn't find Fredrick."......

No comments:

Post a Comment