Thursday, June 2, 2011

"Swimming"



Hello, Summer!

On Tuesday when it was so hot, I decided I really wanted to get some sun. (I was stinkin' pale for how nice it's been outside lately....) So as soon as Bridger laid down for his nap, I slathered Holden in sunscreen and we headed outside.

He tried to play in the bucket of water we have out for Indy, so at first I gave him his own bucket. Then I remembered the little blow up ducky pool (bathtub) he used to use outside when he was a baby. So I filled that up, too. He's way too big for it now, but I thought he could at least play in it with his cars and stuff like he always does with Indy's water bucket.

And then, finally, I had my little light bulb moment. I remembered the turtle sandbox that my Mom's neighbor gave us last summer. We've never used it yet, so I drug it out of the garden shed, rinsed it out, and ta-da! - Turtle Pool :) (And I never even thought about getting him out a swim diaper. Or his swimming trunks. So... he just played in his regular diaper. It worked.)

And Holden loved it.

Oh, and I got a sunburn. So, all in all, a successful day, I guess. :)




He kept standing on the little ledge and "jumping" in







His face looks like it may be a bit chilly :)







"Swimming"






Indy liked the pool, too.

(And thankfully waited until we were pretty much done anyways to pee right beside/in it.
Yup. Thanks, Indy.)





He kept saying, "I gettin' meself wet!"







Loves his little Turtle Pool



No comments:

Post a Comment