Monday, May 9, 2011

Every Mother Should Feel So Blessed.



I had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday.

Jared gave me a cute card and some chocolate in the morning - yum. Then we had the nursery at church, so Holden had lots of fun having both of us in there with him the whole time. And Bridger really just sat on the floor and watched all the kids - never wanted picked up once :)

Then we stopped at Grandma and Grandpa's house quick to drop her off her card and little gift and went home to change/grab a few things. We picked up Subway for lunch and headed to the Wilderness Center for a picnic and some family time. It was beautiful and both boys really love being outside. Holden got to feed the geese and fish and then we climbed up the big look-out deck (not my favorite since heights make me kind of nervous, but Holden, Daddy, and Bridger really enjoyed it).

Then it was home for a little bit - and a nap for Holden - then over to Mom's for dinner. Mom has been wanting a bench for at her kitchen table for all the grandkids and it was so much fun to surprise her with one Jared and I had made especially for her. She has another bench in her living room made out of an old bed headboard and footboard, so I just copied that idea and my very handy, helpful, generous husband "helped" make it happen. (He did all the hard work - involving saws and drills - I just suggested where things should go and did all the finishing work.)

Of course I forgot my camera when we went to Mom's, so I think I will make a separate post all about the bench another day. It really did turn out good. And Megan gave her 2 beautiful pillows to put on it and they just make it look so pretty and cheerful. It was so much fun to give her.

So, I think it was a success... which is really how the whole day felt. It was sunny and relaxed. And I really felt happy and special and loved - which is just exactly how every mommy should feel on her day ♥





Before church on my first Mother's Day with Bridger Dean







After our picnic lunch. Holden was saying "cheese" but not smiling and Bridger was dying to stand up. They love taking pictures with me :)






Excited to be going for a carrier ride!






Me and my guys - and one more coming soon!

(And every time we take a photo, Holden says "cheese" so Bridger looks right at him.)






Whether or not he likes it, he's always going to be my baby.







Excited to go find some geese and fishies to feed!







Mommy was wearing flip flops and has seen/heard enough "geese attacking people" stories, that I was willing to steer clear of the ones on the bank.

But Daddy said he had steel toed boots on and wasn't scared :)







Holden and Bridger feeding the geese with Daddy











And now giving some bread to the fishies with Mommy










After we climbed up the "tower" - and Bridger making a goofy face







All of us on top of the look-out deck

(And Bridger looking straight at Holden, again...)






I love this expression. He was having so much fun riding around with Daddy.






My world.







No comments:

Post a Comment