Wednesday, March 4, 2009

November 24, 2008 - Happy Birthday, Holden!

so the birth didn't go exactly as planned.... but i guess nothing probably will from here on out!

we got to the hospital at 5am and they immediately started the pitocin to get the contractions going. to get the STRONG contractions going....

then they broke my water a few hours later and that seemed to speed things very well.

around 11 or so, the contractions were too strong to handle anymore, so they gave me an epidural (plus, my blood pressure was starting to get pretty high and that helps bring it down)

things sort of get blurry now... but i labored a few more hours and i got to 9 1/2 centimeters when Holden's heart rate and my blood pressure both got too high again. they had me try to push a few times, but since it wasn't really time i didn't "feel" the need to push and i wasn't very successful.

so since i wasn't going to be able to get him out fast enough, my dr decided she needed to do a c section.

everything went very well and Holden was born healthy and beautiful and perfect in absolutely every way. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment