Friday, September 16, 2011

A Night at the Fair




I've never shown an animal, lived on a farm, or really been anything close to a farm girl. But every year I still look forward the Wayne County Fair just like a little kid. There's just something about it... such tradition and fun. And Fair food :)

So I knew that even though Graham is so young, as long was everything was ok, I really wanted us to all go again this year.

About a week ago, I decided I was feeling good about it and wanted to try! It was just the logistics of taking Three under 3... So one night after work Jared stopped on his way home and bought me a Baby Sling so I could wear Graham while the older boys rode in our double stroller. Problem solved!

Mimi and Pap Pap also met us there and were such a big help. (We're definitely still figuring this 3-kid-thing out. I've got it down when we're at home. Leaving the house, though, is still a whole different story....)

We walked through the animal barns and then got some dinner. We were able to find a pretty secluded bench over by the all the tractors, so the boys could run around and play in between bites and I could nurse Baby Graham without being too terribly obvious or on display. Then the boys (and men) all sat on some big farm machinery and we called it a night!

Holden and Bridger both really liked seeing all the animals and Graham slept most of the time and only really started to get tired of it at the end.

So yea, outings take a little more effort/planning these days, but it was worth it. :)




Bridger wanted to pet the pony...







...but settled for the sheep :)






He was really having fun





Baa Baa Black Sheep.... Daddy helping Holden






Our first County Fair as a family of 5!







Playing with Pap Pap







Daddy showing him the turkeys and ducks







Strollin' through the poultry barn







Dinner Time! Running around in between bites.







Goofball.






Mimi snuggling a wide awake Baby Graham






Fed, changed, and all snuggled back up in his sling :)






Boys and Machines... I don't think I'll ever understand it.

But they sure do look handsome ♥



No comments:

Post a Comment