Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fading Summer Nights

Truthfully, I'm over summer. I am so sick of being hot. (And being pregnant most of this summer and last hasn't helped, I'm sure.)

But I am definitely not tired of the gorgeous, cool Summer evenings we've been having lately though.

Almost every night after dinner, I take a short walk (my "alone time" for the day) just down the road and back. And it has been so beautiful outside lately... some nights I go down and back to the stop sign twice just so I can spend more time outside, soaking in the warm, pink sunset and fluffy clouds.

I love it.

And I know the boys are going to miss being outside, too. We can't do too much nowadays, but we do go out and play a little or go for a walk around the yard. It's just nice to get out in the clean, fresh air. And Sunday night after dinner at Mimi's house, we went out to play for a bit while it was still nice. Holden played in the car, Bridger tried to kick the soccer ball, and then she blew some bubbles for them to chase. It was really just a mellow, relaxing end to the day.

The warm summer nights are definitely slipping away quickly. And we're trying to enjoy them as much as we can before they're gone.




Bubbles :)






Looks like Mimi might be getting some instruction from the little boss...






Trying to "catch" them before they hit the ground






The only way he was quick enough to catch one.... if it wasn't moving. :)






"Chasing" bubbles like Holden.
Meanwhile, he doesn't even know they're back there.
Goof.







Pop! Pop!






Holden & Mimi ♥



No comments:

Post a Comment