Saturday, November 6, 2010

Cookies and Coos

If you know me, chances are you know I like to bake. So this past Saturday it was time to make some cookies.

Holden usually sits on the counter, watches, and gets/steals a few chocolate chips whenever they're out. But this time he actually wanted to really help. So after I measured everything, he got to pour each ingredient into the bowl and then even help stir it. It was a little messier than usual, but it was really cute.

And it made Mommy's heart smile.

"Worry" is not the right word... but I do often get prematurely concerned about when my boys get bigger. I know there's going to come a day when they're not going to want much to do with me, if anything. And I know that's just the way it is. But I'm not looking forward to it.

For now, I'm loving spending time with them. And the older they get, and I can tell they really want to be with me and "help" me.... well, I'm loving that, too.





Chocolate Chip Evidence all over his lips






Sugar Buzz!






My little cookie maker








And while Holden was eating cookies, Bridger was eating his hands







Grinning, but still chewing on those fingers....







There's a good one :)







"Talking" to Mommy.
Probably trying to get me to let him put his hands back in his mouth...







.... and there he goes. Much better. And Holden climbed up and said "cheese?", so I guess he wanted to be in a few more pictures.






Happy Boys





No comments:

Post a Comment