Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day


"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." 
- Lin Yutang


I'm sure I've probably used that quote before in the past, but I really just love it.

This mother's day I felt, above all, blessed. Blessed to have my own generous, loving, supportive, beautiful mother. Blessed to have an incredible, helpful, thoughtful, loving mother-in-law. Blessed to have so many fellow "mommy" friends to share this special day with. And blessed to be a mom. 

I have three beautiful, healthy, clever, funny, amazing children. And I've done nothing to deserve them. 

I know am beyond blessed. With my babies, and with Jared, and with our home, and our life.... 

My cup runneth over.



 

A special Mother's Day Treat :) 

Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcakes (with a lemon curd filling) and Blueberry Cream Cheese Frosting

And my spoon-licking helper.






And a Mother's Day photo shoot (courtesy of Jared) with my three handsome boys:



 I had both younger boys on my lap at first... 

This was not such a hit with Bridger, our anti-touching child. Ha.



  



  Much better. Happy boys.







 It's incredible how much love your heart can hold.







 "Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever." 
- Anonymous




 

No comments:

Post a Comment