Friday, August 5, 2011

Happy Birthday, Bridger Dean!

And he's ONE!

Yesterday was Bridger's first birthday, and last night we had some family over to help us celebrate. He got lots of wonderful presents, we had cupcakes and ice cream, and then just visited and played corn hole a little until it got dark.

I know it was during the week and probably inconvenient, but everyone still came out and shared that special day with us - and for that I am really really grateful.

And I know the Birthday Boy had fun. Especially watching all his older cousins! How much they all entertain him!

And we got lots of great pictures during present time (thanks to beautiful Brianne who was in charge of the camera) but when it was my turn... well I just really didn't take as many as I should have. Just of everyone who came and of the party in general. I was a little disappointed in myself last night when I realized that. Sigh. Such is life, I suppose. But here are some of the good ones we did get.

And thank you again to everyone who came. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.




Getting ready... Cupcakes and an Ice Cream Station! Complete with lots of toppings, whipped cream, and both fudge and caramel sauce. Yum.







The Birthday Boy!







Just a few of the people who came to celebrate with us.








Going over to check out some balloons






Present Time!






He wasn't too interested in actually opening anything. Luckily he had lots of helpers :)













We were pretending Clifford was giving kisses and Bridger kept opening his mouth for more.







Reading the new Clifford book with Daddy







Big boy.








If there are cars, Holden will find them.







Last present. He finally decided he wanted to open one himself.








Playing with a new toy from Mimi









Ice cream :)






Rotten, rotten boy.

(I think Felix in the back looks like he can't believe I'm letting Holden do this!)







Time for the birthday cupcake








Everyone singing to him
(His candle blew out.)







Frosting face!








Covered in cupcake and he's off!






Straight for the cornhole boards. Stinker.






This one makes me laugh. I wanted one of all of us on Bridger's first birthday and this is literally the best out of 5.... and no one's even looking but Jared.

Think my days of quick, posed photos are few and far between now :)

Happy Birthday, Bridger!



1 comment:

  1. Sorry Isaac and I couldn't be there. Looks like it was a fun night!

    ReplyDelete