Friday, March 18, 2011

Blankie Boys




My kids can not be tricked.

They know which blankets are theirs and substitutions will not be tolerated.

For a long time now, the most important physical item in Holden's life has been his blanket. I tried to find a second one - about a year ago or so now - just for when his Original is in the wash or something. But I never could find an exact match. The second one feels just the same, but doesn't have the all-important blue stripe that the Original has. So it's not accepted.

So now Bridger has the second one and Holden has "Blue Blankie."

Bridger doesn't care about the blue stripe or not and will gladly snuggle Holden's blanket just as well as his own - until Holden notices. The it's game over. But I discovered the other day, much to my amusement, that he already knows which blanket(s) feel "right" and he will not use another.

His blanket was in the dryer and I didn't feel like going downstairs to get it, so I tried to let him cuddle a different white one while I gave him a bottle. He just screamed at me and wouldn't drink his bottle. It took me a few minutes but then I figured it out. We took a break, I got his blankie out of the dryer, and *poof*... happy baby.

Already such a stinker. Just like Big Brother.

So here are a few pictures of the Stinker Boys the other morning. And, of course, the blankies are nearby.




Love that Binky Face smile







Found Mommy's hat




Being "fancy." Silly boy.







Watching his crazy big brother run around.






Love. I think :)






The Blankie Boys♥


No comments:

Post a Comment