Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"Trees are the earth's endless effort to speak to the listening heaven." - Rabindranath Tagore


I love fall. Love it. The chilly air. The smoky smell of burning leaves and the crunchy sound they make under foot. Pumpkins and mums. Football, chili, and warm
baked goods from the oven. Sweatshirts, scarves, and blue jeans. And of course, the colors. The still-green grass, brown corn stalks, and fiery hues as the sun shines through the changing leaves. I love fall.


And I feel like, overall, even with the rainy days, autumn has been absolutely beautiful this year. And I have been so lucky because every nice day, Holden and I get to go outside and play or go for a walk.

And the other week when it was especially pretty outside, Megan and I took the kids to the Wilderness Center to see the trees and feed the geese. It was such a great day - so pretty.

Once again, I am reminded of how blessed I am to be a stay-at-home Mom.



Beautiful.





the leaves were amazing





Holden and Josslyn





Our handsome little guy♥





walking down to the pond





Joss





Joss, Megan, and Baby Felix (tucked in his sling)






Holden and Mommy





Loving his ride through the woods






Feeding the geese






Watching them swim





we were supposed to be feeding the geese
but someone was not participating.... hehe :)





cutie pie





it was so pretty






adorable.






showing Mommy his leaf






me and my little hiker♥





"A year, ten years from now, I'll remember this; not why, only that we were here like this, together." - Adrienne Rich









No comments:

Post a Comment