Thursday, June 21, 2012

Ten (and Talking?)




My baby is ten months old.
And he's funny and smart and happy. I love watching him play with his brothers and follow them around. I love watching him learn new things. And I love how much more independent he keeps getting.
(But sometimes, especially at night, right after bath time when he's all snuggly and sweet-smelling, while I'm holding him giving him his bottle just before bed - which he really holds by himself now, I just pretend he still needs my help sometimes - in those quiet minutes, when it sinks in just how grown he is now, hanging off my lap, and just how much he's changed..... Well, sometimes it's like someone knocked the wind out of me.)

But yes. Ten months old already.
 And I think he's a smarty pants.... because I think he's already trying to talk.  
So, the other day he was doing his current piercing scream trick over and over... and my ears were starting to ring. It needed to stop. So I quit what I was doing, to just sit down and pay attention to him and pretend we were going to talk. I was chatting away to him - as usual, I'm a talker, folks - and instead of screaming I asked him to say Mama - a noise he's made, I thought randomly and just whenever his mouth happened to be in that position, lots of times before. 
And... he said it. 
So I thought, yea right. Ok, "Graham, can you say Baba (bottle)?" 
Yep, he can. And did. 
So I'm all "Wellllll..... those are really similar lip movements, let's test ya." Can he say Dada when asked? 
YUP. (Like, blew me away.)
And then yesterday he was screaming for more crackers so I asked him to say "More"... and, knock me over, he started making a "M" sound when he was ready for another. 
Ca-razy. Crazy! 
And maybe I've forgotten, but I just really don't think any of the other boys ever even tried to talk or say words this early. 
 Little Smarty Pants. 
 
 
 But here are a few photos from yesterday morning - his 10 month birthday.


                  Checking out some flowers  







 
 The big boy!


















        Silly Mommy.







  Standing.                       







 
"A single day is enough to make us a little larger." - Paul Klee



 

No comments:

Post a Comment