Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Because he lives.

Three days before Easter, Jared's aunt Karen finally lost her battle with cancer.

For over 3 years, she fought with dignity, strength, and grace completely beyond my comprehension.

She was a beautiful, amazing woman and she had an incredible, gracious heart.

We are all forever blessed for having had her in our lives. And we will always miss her quiet, loving smile.



And with her loss weighing heavy on our hearts, Easter was especially meaningful this year for our family. Or at least it was for me.

Dwelling so much recently on the whole concept of mortality and the fact that we each have only a very finite amount of time to be here... Well, the words of the hymns and the sermon surely were more comforting and meaningful to me this year - and I leaned fully on them to support my faith and help heal the pain in my heart.

When you're right in the thick of losing a loved one, I think it's sometimes really hard to focus on the good - on the incredible gift that awaits us - and to remember that this life is just a stepping stone. So when I was looking for comfort with this, I came across this verse:


"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those who love him."
1 Corinthians 2:9b

I know there's a heaven.

And I know Karen's there, filled with joy, in the very presence of God.



And then one day I'll cross the river,
I'll fight life's final war with pain.
And then as death gives way to victory,
I'll see the lights of glory and I'll know He lives.


Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives, All fear is gone!
Because I know He holds the future
And life is worth the living just because He lives!




And now, some photos of my beautiful boys on Easter. Because I am blessed and life is good.♥




Easter Baskets






8am and already sneakin' candy









Playing with their new little toys. These boys love Disney Cars.











And Graham got a basket, too!






Helping Graham look through his goodies.






He found the Easter grass....






... and had to give it a taste. Of course.






Looking at their Peeps.






And now whacking each other with them.

Sigh.







Easter boys :)








Shaving with Daddy before church.









And I'm just surrounded by handsome guys.








The boys in their Easter clothes







♥ ♥ ♥







A kiss for Graham!







There are no words for how much I love these boys.






And here is a photo I like to call, "Noisy Trouble." Oh boy.







Sweet Graham sitting with Grandma's eggs






Oh fun!






Beautiful little boy







Thieves, I tell you. For they completely stole my heart.









No comments:

Post a Comment