Thursday, September 10, 2009

"Sometimes I feel that life is passing me by, not slowly either...." - Martin Amis

We just had Holden's 9-month check up the other day and according to the doctor's scale, he officially weighs 22 pounds. He's also still in the 90th percentile for height. And according to her "perfect." - sweeter words were never spoken to a mother :)

But this means, sadly, that it's really, truly time for a new car seat.

My aunt generously gave us one of hers that she was no longer using, and it's just perfect. But I can't get over how unbelievably grown up he looks now.

Now when I glance in the rear view mirror to check on him, he smiles back at me - facing forward, swinging his chubby little leg, watching out the windows, and chewing on any number of snacks I've handed back to him.

Nearly every parent I have ever spoken to about stages or growing up, has always told me it will go fast. And I've tried to take our time, play, and really focus on him. And I know that I'm profoundly fortunate to be able to stay home with him and see him grow every single day of his life. But in the end, I don't think it really matters. No matter what, they grow up and change way too fast.

I blinked.

I blinked and he was smiling.

I blinked again and he was holding his head up and "singing" This is the Day with Mommy.

Once more and he was sitting up and playing all by himself.

And then one day, I turned around and he was crawling after me.

And now.

Now he has 6 teeth through. He does laps around the coffee table, practicing his "walking." He says "mmm" when he wants to eat and can feed himself Cheerios. He opens drawers. He waves "hi." He gives Mommy kisses and fives. And he absolutely flirts with anyone who will look at him.




And it's going too fast.





Mommy giving Holden a kiss in the Hospital






Holden giving (open mouth) kisses to Mom






Ready to go home from the hospital






In his new big boy car seat






Me and my Baby (1 week)






Me and my Buddy (9 months)





No comments:

Post a Comment