Monday, June 1, 2009

"If we take care of the moments, the years will take care of themselves." - Maria Edgeworth

It is unbelievable to me that Holden is already six months old. I am very very blessed to be able to stay at home with him every day and have very seldom been apart from him for too long. And somehow I still feel like I blinked and he grew. I don't know how it happened, but he has gotten so big.

I mean, a part of me feels like he has always been with us. He just absolutely makes us who we are now. And he makes us a family. But part of me feels like it was just last week that we were in the hospital and I was having to tickle his toes to get him to stay awake and eat. And now he's eating cereal and bananas with a spoon!

And he is also becoming more and more mobile every day. Today, I firmly believe, he almost crawled. He was up on all fours and if he could have just gotten his hands to move as fast as his legs pushed him forward, he would have been crawling. Instead of sniffing the ground. :)

He is amazingly fun now and so full of joy and personality. But he is absolutely getting too big too fast. I need a pause button.



mmmm... Holden likes bananas




helping Mommy wash his face after the sticky 'nanas




playing on his blanket all by himself. so big.




"One hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, how big my house was, or what kind of car I drove. But the world may be a little better, because I was important in the life of a child.” - Forest Witcraft

No comments:

Post a Comment